Monday, June 18, 2007

You Are My Friend

Belated Happy Father's Day! Yeah, I know this is one day late... hehe. But I had to make things done by yesterday. After all those ranting... I realized I should post something else... something good.

John 15: 12-17 NIV (New International Version)

12My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. 14You are my friends if you do what I command. 15I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. 16You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit - fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you my command: Love each other.

As you may now know, mechanical gadgets makes us alone and remote from the others. We do not confide to someone we know but only ourselves. Some, goes to their friends (which is the point of this "post"), to share secrets and keep them. Putting their promises - not beyond the grave, surely - but in their hearts.

Jesus defines and proves His Friendship:
  1. Does something
  2. Confides in you
  3. Chooses you

Open yourself up to your friends, your family. What more if it was up to Jesus? You don't choose Him, He chooses you. God, the Father, is also our friends. Everyone can be our friends. Haven't you noticed that some of us treat our parents, and even our teachers, like friends?

We prove our Friendship with Jesus:

  1. Do something
  2. Give away His love

Don't just ask your friends, famliy, or Jesus for help. You must also act and give away His love. A fine example is this... Elvis Presley's guitar was the most splendored thing he ever had. The manager of the museum, where Elvis' guitar lays, had come up to you and said; "Isn't it beautiful? You can have it"

Why did you think he said 'You can have it'? It's because he is sharing the LOVE. L-O-V-E!! As they say; "Share your blessings"

Reflect:

  • Describe a situation in which you experienced being well loved
  • How does your relationship with Jesus change once you start practicing His example of love?
  • Specifically, how would you rate yourself on laying down your life for your friends? Do you feel more like Jesus' servant or his friend? What helps develop the friendship?
  • How does prayer and obedience link to all these?

I wished you learned something today. Haha... Haaayyy.....'bye! Evanesco!

No comments: