Thursday, April 19, 2007

One Week Later

Before everything read this first:

John 20: 24-29

24Now Thomas (called Didymus), one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came. 25So the other disciples told him, "We have seen the Lord!" But he said to them, "Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe it." 26A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you!" 27Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put in into my side. Stop doubting and believe." 28Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!" 29Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

Have you ever doubted in believing in God? If you are you might want to find out what kind of doubt it is.

1. Nathaniel's doubt-not enough information
2. Peter's doubt-spiritual doubt
3. Thomas' doubt-intellectual doubt

There is only one solution with these doubts. It is faith. Believe in God! There is this saying: "Seeing is believing". What about those blind people whom Jesus healed? They believed in Him. "blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed".

I have a story about Easter Monday. hehe. The day after Jesus rode a donkey on Palm Sunday, the donkey went to town and crave for attention like yesterday. So walking, walking...all people ignored him and shooed him like a stray cat. He can't believe that he was being ignored and ran back home to his mother. He learned that he isn't important when he is not with the Lord. He's just like normal people, like us.

Reflect: 1. What doubts or questions about God are you struggling with? What have you found helpful in dealing with doubts? 2. Have you received the gift of the Holy Spirit? How has it changed you? 3. How important is God in your life? How do people treat you?


Whew! That was my longest post... That's all for now

No comments: